Thursday, November 15, 2007

Life.....

I work right off of I-35 on Swisher road and today when i was driving towards lake dallas, i saw a huge cloud of smoke in the air. i thought to myself that it seemed really close to work, but i figured it was further away. But as i got closer my friend text me asking if i am ok and said that there was a huge wreck and a oil truck blew up about half a block from where i work. I didnt know anyone that was in the wreck, but my heart goes out to those that were in the wreck and the families involved.
Just now i was reading through some other blogs about racism stereotypes and gays/lesbians, etc... As i was reading this i thought about those people that were involved in that horrible wreck. Some may have been, black, white, hispanic, gay, whatever, but all that matters at the time is that they are all people just like me and you. No matter what gets said to us, or what we say to others, we are all here for a purpose to live our lives the way we would like.
Today was a horrible day for those involved in that wreck and i pray for everyone of them. We should all slow down our busy lives full of not only work and school, but also with the negative thoughts about others who do not think or act the way we do. Yes, i am guilty of thinking a different way about a person because i am not used to the way they live, but all it comes down to is that you live the life you want; those days at work or school seem long and boring, but life is too short to think like we do about others.

No comments: