Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Damon on the View

Lately i have been watching alot of the show The View. Today Damon (the husband on My Wife and Kids) was on the show. In the beginning Whoopi Goldberg began the conversation of discrimination with race. Damon's response was that we should get rid of all the bad words we use today towards other people along with the N word. Then he brought up the show Bounty Hunters and that he never sees them arresting white people, only ethic pepole from the "hood." After Damons opinion about the race sterotypes, they brought up the fact that he cant keep a girlfriend. His reason for not being able to settle down with a woman was because what he said, "i havent found one that has the fundamentals." The fundamentals mean to him that the woman has to clean, cook. and be that perfect trophy wife or girlfriend. He believes that since he has the money, then the woman needs to do whatever needs to be done for him. This made me mad becuase i believe a relationship is a partnership, not one person does this and the other does that. The fact that men think they have all the power because they make the money is a joke. Alot of women today are more powerful than men and many wives get paid more than the husbands, just like my parents. I just thought this discussion was intersting gearing towards the race, and sexist stereotypes.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I agree with you.. I think it's bull that men hoard over women because of money. But I think it's important to point out that many times it's not even a matter of money but a matter of culture. I was raised in a home and family where women were the subordinate to men. I'm not saying right, just thats what it was like... I have some of the same tendencies as my father, grandfather, and uncles. It doesn't make me a bad person to have that understanding, but with education, time, and understanding i'm slowly breaking free of the lies of my youth....
nice blog